Tagged: psvr calibration spin
March 14, 2019 at 11:16 am #8146
A few users have reported calibration problems with current version, where the view keeps spinning.
I’m starting this thread to review the details and work on a solution.
If you are facing this problem, please provide these details:
– PC specs
– PSVR version (v1 or v2)
– are you using Force Set Display option?
– what value do you have for Drift Correction Factor (in Advanced tab)?
– if you change that factor after calibration, are you able to stop the spinning?
– if you use the psvr volume buttons (to tweak the drift factor), does it help?
– any other non-default setting you may have set?
if you have a screenshot / video showing the problem, or additional info you think may be relevant, please include it in your reply.March 14, 2019 at 2:56 pm #8152
-PC specs: i5 6600 skylake, Radeon Strix 480 8gb, 16gb ddr4
-PSVR version: 1
-Force Focus: Will not go to headset without this, got calibration to work with this disabled but have not been able to replicate the results. I also think this is broken when the main display is not 1
-Drift Correction: -0.011(Cant type in 0, witch i think could be a problem for some people)
Changing this while its running does not stop drifting for me.
-Volume buttons do not help my drifting eitherMarch 14, 2019 at 9:46 pm #8153
Seems like the issue is linked to the Force display feature (even though I’m unable to reproduce). This would indicate the problem is likely about timing.
I have prepared a test build that changes the start timing:
I’ve also increased drift correction accuracy (one extra decimal, around 0.01 is what works best for me)
Other things to try:
– a user stated that he had no problem if the psvr is already on when starting Trinus
– another user mentioned that stopping after calibration and starting again minimised drift
Also, not really related but, I keep the sensor smoothing around 9.6-9.7 to eliminate jitter.
April 9, 2019 at 10:10 pm #8186
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by loxai.
Im trying this test build now, the second method your describing is what ive tried. It doesnt seem to recalibrate when i connect and disconnect. It will with an older version but not 0.9.9j. I’ll see if having my headset on will help with my issues.April 11, 2019 at 8:40 am #8192
loxai, is this about slow drift like I was experiencing, or about very fast spinning, like when you move the headset during calibration?
ThanksApril 11, 2019 at 2:44 pm #8193
also: the version i have been using is 0.9.9k, and that’s what i have been using when i reported the slow drift. should i upgrade to the latest version first?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.